Hi, I’m David!
I’m a traveller, writer, and language enthusiast. I’ve been teaching English for more than 15 years and speak 3 languages – French, Spanish, and Czech (at around B2 level on the European Framework of Languages).
I write short stories for learners of English and have all kinds of tips and materials on how you can improve your English communication skills.
Whether you’re looking for a teacher or to read the latest posts on learning English, I hope you’ll sign up for email updates and be a regular visitor and commentator.
What are you looking to achieve?
- Would you like to speak more confidently?
- Would you like to take a Cambridge English or IELTS exam?
- Would you like to speak more naturally?
If you’re interested in working together with me, I’m keen to help you. As a teacher based in Europe and Melbourne, I am interested in the following opportunities:
- Helping individuals, small groups and corporate clients achieve their English goals, such as improving their spoken English or indeed preparing them for Cambridge English and IELTS exams
- Holding workshops on key areas of importance for you (eg improving your presentation skills, email writing)
- Writing and editing projects
- Skype learning sessions
- Materials development
I offer the following experience and qualifications:
- Cambridge CELTA and DELTA (Diploma in Teaching English to Adults)
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Cambridge English examiner (Cambridge First FCE, BEC Vantage and BEC Higher)
- Have worked for the British Council, Caledonian School, and Charles University
- Set up Engage s.r.o, a small company based in the Czech Republic, which is how I delivered my services in Europe
Please read through some of the articles on Get Into English and let me know what you think by leaving a comment after one of the articles. If you’d like to pass on some feedback to me, or ask about possible English lessons, or just to say ‘hi!’ feel free to write a message using the form below.
I hope you enjoy Get Into English!
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
Okan Okyay says
I need to have IELTS test to apply for visa for Australia.I think to have the exam on 6.12 but I’m not sure yet.Can you help me to prepare myself for the exam in 2 months and get 8.0 points?I need to receive 8.0 points to have skilled immigration visa.How much do you charge per hour?Thank you